Recruiting App by CloudGofer
Admin/User Guide v1.10
Last updated: May 11, 2020
Link to Admin/User Guide v1.9
Recruiting App enables a well defined recruiting process to manage and track progress of Jobs, Job applications and candidates. It is natively built to seamlessly integrate with with worlds #1 CRM.
The Recruiting App is based on concept of how a recruiter and hiring manager typically works. Recruiter mainly works on Jobs and Job Applications and Hiring manager on Candidates and Interviews. Job Applications can be automatically converted to Candidates to fast track the hiring process (Enabled by default in App Settings).
Features and Configuration
The App consists of Jobs, Job Applications, Candidates and Interviews objects. Automated process to automatically convert job applications to Candidates, Reports (Job Application pipeline, Candidate pipeline) and a dashboard showing recruiting pipeline
Assigning Permission Sets and Licenses
|Recruiting App Admin||Recruiting App Admin Permissions||Permission set for Recruiting App Administrator to have full access to Jobs, Job Applications (Applicants), Candidates and Interview records including data upload etc.|
|Recruiter||Recruiting App Recruiter Permissions||Permission set for recruiter to have access to Jobs, Applicants, Candidates and Interview records|
|Employee||Recruiting App Employee Permissions||Permission set for Internal employees to access Jobs and Apply for a job.|
|Site/Community Guest User||Recruiting App Site Guest User Permissions||Permission set for external guest user to access Jobs and Apply for a job.|
Note: Assign Recruiting App Site Guest User Permissions when external site/community is used for job listing.
Permission set and licenses can be assigned in two ways (either via User record or via Permission set and via Manage licenses from Installed packages). Please see the detailed steps below.
Assigning Permission Set and Licenses via User Record
1. Go to User Detail page -> Permission Set Assignment section, Click Edit Assignments
2. Select Permission set to be assigned, Click Save
3. Go to Manage Licenses section, Click on “Assign Licenses”
4. Select “Recruiting App” and Click Add
This successfully completes assignment of permission set and Recruiting App permissions to the User.
Assigning Permission Set and Licenses via Permission Sets and Manage License
1. Go to Setup -> Search for “Permission Sets”, Click on Permission Sets link in setup and select the permission set.
2. Click on “Manage Assignments”
3. Click on “Add Assignments”
4. Select the user(s) to whom the permission set to be assigned
5. You will see below Permission set assignment confirmation
6. You will see all the users to whom this permission set is assigned, this successfully completes the permission set assignment to the user(s). You can repeat these steps for other permission sets as needed.
Follow below steps for Assigning Licenses via Installed Packages
1. From Setup -> Quick Search for “Installed packages”, Select “Manage Licenses” next to “Recruiting App”
2. Click on Add Users
3. Select User(s) for whom the license is to be added
This successfully completes assignment of Recruiting App licenses to the user(s).
Email templates: Update email templates in “Recruiting App” folder to suit your needs.
Custom label: Used for header of the apply page on Site. Update it as per your needs.
Workflow Rules: Update to perform different actions, firing of emails on different statuses of Job application, Candidate, etc.
- AutoConvert Job Application to Candidate: when set to Yes, Job Applications would be automatically converted to Candidate. Values: Yes, No, Default Value: Yes
- External Community Or Site URL: External URL for Job Listing Site or Community. Also, used for link to Google Jobs Schema verification (available on Job detail page) – See Setting Up Community or section below
- Resume File on Apply Page: Setting to configure resume file validation on external site Apply page, Default Value: Required. Values: Required, Optional
Job Application can now be converted automatically to Candidate (See App Settings: AutoConvert Job Application to Candidate). The mapping of job application fields to Candidate fields can be configured using mappings.
Setting up Community
Design your community for the guest users to apply for jobs through community pages
Step 1: Enable communities.
From Setup, enter Communities Settings in the Quick Find box, then select Communities Settings.
Select Enable communities.
Select a domain name for your communities, and click Check Availability to make sure that it’s not already in use.
We suggest that you use something recognizable to your users, such as your company name. The Communities domain name is the same for all communities. You create a unique URL for each community when creating it by entering a unique name at the end of the URL. For example, if your Communities domain name is UniversalTelco.force.com and you’re creating a customer community, you can enter customers to create the unique URL UniversalTelco.force.com/customers.
IMPORTANT NOTE: You can’t change the domain name after you save it.
Important note on Community Settings: Please ensure that the setting “Assign new records created by guest users to the default owner” is unchecked
Technical details: Above setting (unchecked) is needed for external Apply page to function correctly. Especially if you are planning to accept resume file, it is important that guest user is the owner of the record.
Step 2: Create communities using wizard – choose “Build Your Own” template.
Click Get Started
Step 3: Enter a community name.
For URL, leave it blank or enter the name of your community
This name is appended to the Communities domain that you created when you enabled communities for this org.
Step 4: Select “Builder” workspace
The community is created in Preview status. Now you’re ready to build and customize or manage and moderate your community.
Step 5: In Builder tab, go to settings and in General section enable the checkbox for Public Access as shown below.
(Ignore default content on Home page, we will be overriding home page with joblisting page in later steps).
Click on profile e.g. Job Profile as shown (Control/Command + Click to open in new tab)
- In the Profile view, Click on View Users
- Select Site Guest User
- Scroll down to “Permission Set Assignment” section, Click Edit Assignments
- From “Available Permission Sets” select “Recruiting App Site Guest User Permissions” Permission Set and add it to “Enabled Permission Sets”, Click Save
- Scroll down to “Managed Packages” and ensure that the “Recruiting App” License is assigned to the site guest user.
- if not, click on “Assign Licenses” , Select “Recruiting App” , Click “Add”
- Close “Settings” Panel
Step 6: Go to Administration tab
In preferences section enable the checkbox for “Let guest users view asset files on public and login pages” and “Optimize images for mobile devices”
Important: Click “Save” button at the bottom of the page.
In Pages pane , Select Visualforce Page: JobListing, Click Save
Step 7: Activate and Publish the community.
Go Back to “Builder” Workspace and Click “Publish”
Go Back to “Salesforce Setup”
Step 8: Go to Setup -> Search Domains
Step 9: Update Community Site settings (Click on Site Label for path / e.g. jobs link below site label as shown in screenshot above).
Edit Community Site, Select Active Site Home Page: JobListing and Site Template: RecruitingAppCommunitiesTemplate. Click Save.
Congratulations !! you have completed community setup.
Step 10: Copy “Community URL” and Update App Settings
Go to App Launcher and Select Recruiting App, Go to App Settings Tab and update External Community or Site URL setting
Sharing jobs externally on community
Recently Salesforce introduced a setting “Secure guest user record access” in Org Wide Defaults (Sharing Settings) restricting access for all objects to private for unauthenticated users (guest users).
To publish the jobs (marked as Post Externally = True) on external community site
There are two options, we recommend option b.
a. Disable the “Secure guest user record access” (Not recommended)
b. Add a sharing rule to share all the Jobs which have “post externally” checkbox is checked.
You can either use Sites or Community as external job site, though sharing jobs externally via Community is recommended, Please refer Steps to set up Community section in this admin guide if you would like to setup community.
If you would like to receive applications via an external website using Salesforce sites (Community is recommended), follow below steps.
The package already contains Visualforce page for Applying for a job (need to expose it via a site though), Follow Steps mentioned here: http://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=sites_configuring_sites.htm
Site Configuration details:
- Create a new Site with below details:
- Site Label: RecruitingApp
- Default Web Address: (keep it blank)
- Active: Checked
- Active Site Home Page: “JobListing” , then Save the site.
- Go to public settings of the site (Profile of guest user : RecruitingApp Profile):
- Click on view users
- Click on the user (site guest user)
- Assign License (this is 2nd Recruiting App license you would be utilizing)
- Go to “Managed Packages” section (at the bottom of the page)
- Click on “Assign Licenses” button
- Check for the “Recruiting App” and click on “Add” button.
- Recruiting App Permissions Setup:
There are two options A. Continue with previous step (while you are on site guest user record) or B. Update “Recruiting App” profile.
- Go to permission set assignment section
- Click on edit assignment
- Select and add “Recruiting app site guest user permissions” to Enabled Permission Sets
- Click save
Or you can update “Recruiting app” profile as below
- Enable Read and Create access for “Applicant” object
- Enable Read access for “Job” object
- Enable Read access for “Candidate” object
- Update “Applicant” object’s field level security (FLS) for Applicant fields on the form , click visible check box for following fields:
- Applicant Address, Applicant Education, Applicant Email, Applicant Gender, Applicant Preferred Phone, Candidate, Current Employer, Job, Notice Period (Days), Resume.
- Update “Job” object’s field level security (FLS), click visible check box for following fields:
- Job Number
- Update “Candidate” object’s field level security (FLS), click visible check box for following fields:
- Candidate Email
- Update Label with the Site URL
- Go to Setup “Translation Settings”, Enable Translation Workbench.
- Click on “Add” assign language as “English” and Add the “User” and Save.
- Go to Setup “Custom Labels” Click on “RecruitingApp_ExternalSiteURL”, Click on “New Local Translations/Overrides” button and Select English language and Copy-Paste the Site URL in Translation text.
Please note: Once Site is setup, refer Sharing jobs externally on community to setup external sharing of the jobs.
Customizing external “Job” page
Similar to apply page, Job detail page on external site as well as data shared via Google job Schema structure can be customized using Field Sets.
In Setup go to Objects and then to Jobs, Go to Field Sets
You can customize Job Details page (available via Sites, used for applying via external applicants). You can customize following
- Customize fields to be displayed
- Order of the fields
- Go to Setup > Search for “Objects” in quick search > Select “Job” object > Go to “Field Sets” section. Look for “FieldSetExternalJobListingPage” Field set.
2. Click on Edit.
3. Now you can rearrange the fields, drag and drop which fields need to display so that it will effect on external URL apply page.
Customizing “Apply” page
You can customize Apply page (available via Sites, used for applying via external applicants). You can customize following
- Customize fields to be displayed
- Order of the fields
- Mark field as required (default is optional)
- Go to Setup > Search for “Objects” in quick search > Select “Job Application” object > Go to “Field Sets” section. Look for “FieldSetExternalPage” Field set.
- Click on Edit.
- Now you can rearrange the fields, drag and drop which fields need to display and also make the fields mandatory so that it will effect on external URL apply page.
(Click on wrench icon to make field required)
Important Note: Sometimes Salesforce.com takes 15-20 mins before the above settings are effective for external site hence you may continue to see the “System config error:” even after doing everything as per above instructions. So take a break … have a good stretch/coffee/tea and come back.. it should work 🙂
Upcoming feature in version 1.11
Receive Job Applications via Email
You can receive job applications via email. you also parse emails for extracting specific data.
Collaboration with Candidates via Email
In Lightning experience, you can now see emails sent and received to the candidate. Now you can reply to the emails received from the candidates.
Renaming Fields and Labels
How do I change the header text for the apply form ?
- Enable Translation workbench by going to Translation workbench, add users as translators.
- Add translators
- Go to custom label and translate:
How to Rename/Change Field Labels?
Refer steps in “Renaming Fields and Labels” to enable translation workbench. Once enabled follow below step (as per screenshot) to rename custom fields.
Reports and Dashboard
Job and Candidate pipeline dashboard shows the funnel of respective records by status.
How to grant Account (Org) Login Access ?
Go to My Settings -> Grant Account Login Access
Select Appropriate “Access Duration” for “CloudGoferPartnerOrg Support”.
Go to Setup > Quick Search: Company Profile > “Company Information” > Copy Value give for Salesforce.com Organization ID
Email firstname.lastname@example.org notifying that you have granted Login Access and Also share your Org Id* copied in the above step.
Org id* : is located under Setup >Administration Setup > Company Profile > company information
Uninstalling Recruiting App Package
1.Deactivate the Applicant to Candidate Conversion Process in the process builder
2.Remove Permission set from Guest user
- Go to sites from setup
- Click on Site label “Recruiting App”
- Go to Public Access settings
- Click on View users
iii. Click on “Site Guest User, RecruitingApp”
- Scroll Down to Permission set Assignment section and click on “Edit assignment”
- Remove “Recruiting App Site Guest User Permission” and click Save.
- Go to Edit
- look for Active Site Home Page lookupfield.
iii. Change from JobLsiting to AnswersHome
- If the permission set is Assigned to Admin then you may have to remove
- Go to My Settings
- Search for “Advanced User Details” in the quick find box
iii. Scroll down to “Permission Set Assignments” section and Click on Edit Assignment
- Remove “Recruiting App Admin Permissions” and click Save
A Job can have many applicants, Applicants are converted to Candidates, usually it’s 1:1 relationship (1 Applicant to 1 Candidate) however same person can apply for various jobs hence many applications by same person (applicant) may result into only one candidate. When an applicant is converted to a candidate, most of the details are copied from applicant to candidate (In case candidate is already existing in the system then latest information is copied over, some of the fields on candidate object have history tracking on so you can see old information in case you need to refer it. A candidate can go through multiple Interviews (1: Many).
Discuss and Collaborate with Recruiting App community